IVDL – Informationsverarbeitung in Dienstleistungsbetrieben
Winfoline: IVDL – Informationsverarbeitung in Dienstleistungsbetrieben (Universität Göttingen).
Prof. Dr. Matthias Schumann
2 SWS lecture, 1 SWS tutorial
every winter semester
Written exam, 120 minutes
Voluntarily working on the case studies in teams. By submitting their solutions students can acquire bonus points for the exam. The deadlines for the exercises are available online.
- Audio-Recordings of the lecture
- Lecture notes
- Sample exams
Selected applications in the fields of banking, insurance, tourism and media are presented. Examples are data processing applications for investment consulting and trading as well as travel reservation systems of airlines and online services from media companies.
- Data processing in credit institutes
- Data processing in insurance companies
- Data processing in media companies
- Data processing in tourism business
In this lecture you learn
- types of applications systems and their characteristics in the service industry
- several problems and their computerized solutions in banking, insurance, media and tourism industry.
- problems and processes in the various industries, and developing of IT solutions.
- to solve problems in team work.
- Mertens, P., Bodendorf, F., König, W., Picot, A., Schumann, M.: Grundzüge der Wirtschaftsinformatik, 9th ed., Berlin u.a. 2005.
- Bodendorf, F.: Wirtschaftsinformatik im Dienstleistungsbereich, Berlin u.a. 1999.
- Bodendorf, F., Robra-Bissantz, S.: E-Finance – Elektronische Dienstleistungen in der Finanzwirtschaft, München 2003.