The type and scope of the course
Lecture and tutorial (2 + 1)
Credit Points: depending on the field of study (for Winf (B.Sc.) 5CP for lecture and tutorial)
Cycle: e-learning via moodle. Written exams will take place in SoSe 2012 and WiSe 2012/13.
- Compulsory for students studying Wirtschaftsinformatik (B.Sc.)
- Optional for students studying Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen (Diplom) as part of the area of their elective subjects or of the open catalogue for students studying Wirtschaftsinformatik (Diplom)
- Compulsory for students studying Computer Science (M.Sc.) with application subject (Anwendungsfach) IT-Management
In this course the students get an overview of basics of Software Business & Information Management. The contents include:
- Basics of information systems (tasks and targets of information systems, information and digital goods, packaged software vs. custom software, IT investment decisions)
- Organisation of IT in companies (organisation of Information Management, Outsourcing and Offshoring, Standardization and Network Effect, The Standardization Problem)
- Analysis and design of intra- and inter-company processes (basics of process-oriented organizational design, Business Process Reengineering, modelling of business information systems (ARIS), use of reference models (e.g. SAP-systems), EDI vs. XML/EDI, basics of Supply Chain Management, selected concepts of SCM, RFID, cooperations as a fundamental part of SCM)
- Fundamentals of SOA and Web Services (definition of SOA, technical elements of a SOA, economic aspects of using a SOA)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
also available as e-learning
The tutorial deepens the contents of the course based on exercises and small case studies.
All course material is available for download here: moodle
The written exam will be held at 2 p.m. on March 20th, 2012 in S101/A1 (Audimax).